Due to continuing expansion, we currently have a vacancy for an EHS Advisor to join our team.
The Group EHS Committee is accountable for EHS matters at CField. This Committee is ultimately responsible for the EHS performance of the organisation and for ensuring the availability of resources essential to establish, implement, maintain and improve the EHS management system. Resources include human resources and specialised skills, organisational infrastructure, technology and financial resources. Under the Group EHS Committee, there is a separate EHS Committee for UK and Ireland.
The EHS Advisor will report to the UK Construction Director sitting on the Group EHS Committee and will be part of the UK EHS Committee.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing and implementing EHS strategies and policies to:
- Help ensure the safety of all employees, contractors and visitors
- Assist in protection of the environment
- Ensure ongoing legal compliance
- Keep up to date with current UK EHS legislation and industry best practice and share this information with UK EHS Committee and site staff
- Take a lead role in maintaining/improving our overall safety performance and that of our supply chain partners
- Attend all pre-commencement meetings and agree which RAMS need your review
- Review Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans for new projects
- Review Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) as required
- Developing effective relationships with the Clients EHS Representatives
- Sit with and mentor site management teams in site set up, preparing EHS documents or presentations such as RAMS, toolbox talks, etc.
- Perform periodic site inspections and prepare relevant audit reports
- Attend internal project meeting to discuss specific issues when activities on site require
- Take the lead in accident investigations and communicate findings to the UK EHS Committee
- Advice on EHS training requirements
- Preparation of EHS bulletins based on learnings from incidents/near misses/audits or review of EHS policies & procedures
- Maintaining a comprehensive EHS management system that meets the needs and requirements of the business while satisfying the requirements of ISO:14001 and ISO:45001
- Review of existing EHS policies & procedures, amend where required and communicate to all staff
- Project to implement online induction system
- Project to review and update EHS Audit programme & marking scheme
- Project to implement online auditing system
- Improving and influencing EHS aspects of tender development and evaluation
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Hold relevant UK EHS qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of EHS requirements in UK Construction Industry
- Good knowledge of current technical building requirements
- Strong drive to continuously improve systems, processes and self
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of people
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proactive with strong problem-solving ability
- Effective time management
- Good IT skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation.
Please send CV to HR Manager at email@example.com
back to careers