The Accountant is responsible for the preparation of management & statutory reporting and the maintenance of and improvement to the CField financial systems and processes. The Accountant needs to develop strong relationships with Managers of the various functions across the CField business in Ireland and the UK to ensure they understand business needs and provide relevant reporting to support decision making.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience in construction industry preferred
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Familiarity with VAT, CT, RCT and CIS
- Strong drive to continuously improve systems, processes and self
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proactive with strong problem-solving ability
- Exceptional time management
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with different IT systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Management, training and development of three Accounts Assistants.
- Management reporting including analysis of overheads, debtors/creditors, retentions, capital spend, cashflow, bonding.
- Ensure all financial reporting and taxation compliance requirements are met in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. This includes UK and Ireland VAT returns, RCT returns and VIES returns.
- Deliver job cost reports to commercial directors monthly. Maintain an efficient process around the delivery of these reports.
- Treasury management including liaison with main banks.
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and supporting workpapers.
- Coordination and delivery of the annual external audit, which involves acting as liaison and building strong relationship with the auditors. Ensure open communication with issues discussed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date on accounting standards and tax legislation; keep CEO briefed of the impact of incoming changes on a “no surprises” basis.
- Preparation of technical accounting and tax memos where required.
- Ensure appropriate policies, processes and procedures are in place.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the capabilities of current accounting system and ensure that they are administered effectively and are operating efficiently.
- Drive process innovation and improvement in the finance function. Promote continuous challenging of processes to ensure most efficient practice is adopted.
- Provide support to the business in a proactive manner – promote robust, open and productive relationships.
- Instigate and drive forward various overhead cost/process review initiatives as appropriate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation.
Please send CV to email@example.com
back to careers