Junior / Assistant Purchaser
As Junior / Assistant Purchaser, you will report to and assist the Purchasing Manager in the day-to-day operations of the purchasing department. You will assist in the execution of all buying, sourcing materials, suppliers and plant management. The role may suit someone from a hardware store or similar.
The ideal person will be ambitious and ready to hit the ground running.
The position will be office based Monday to Friday full time.
- Assisting the purchasing manager in the day-to-day sourcing of new materials / hiring misc. plant / tools in line with current company operating procedures
- Maintain the Approved Supplier List / Internal Plant registers, in conjunction with Purchasing Manager
- Liaise with site staff and quantity surveyors on material and plant requirements
- Assist the purchasing manager in setting up enquiries, quotation analysis
- Checking queried invoices for accuracy against purchase orders
- Documentation control within the department
- Assist accounts department in the processing of invoices
- Develop strong relationships across the company, working collaboratively with sites to ensure on time material deliveries
- Be flexible to participate in other duties as required by the department